Introduces numerical methods for the solution of single variable equations, linear systems, and differential equations. Covers polynomial interpolation, cubic splines, and numerical differentiation and integration.
Helpful or Related Links
- Textbook Web site with source code
- Octave home page
- Enthought Python This is good choice for Windows or MacOS as it includes all necessary extra libraries for numerical work, including NumPy. This is a commercial product but is free for acadmic use.
- Python home page
- SciPy & NumPy Numerical Python
- Sage and Gordon's Sage server
- PuTTY, a free Telnet/SSH terminal program for Windows. This can be used to access our workstations.
- Bitvise Tunnelier, a free-for-personal-use SSH terminal and file transfer program.